[fullwidth background_color=”” background_image=”” background_parallax=”none” enable_mobile=”no” parallax_speed=”0.3″ background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” video_url=”” video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_webm=”” video_mp4=”” video_ogv=”” video_preview_image=”” overlay_color=”” overlay_opacity=”0.5″ video_mute=”yes” video_loop=”yes” fade=”no” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”” padding_top=”20″ padding_bottom=”20″ padding_left=”” padding_right=”” hundred_percent=”no” equal_height_columns=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” menu_anchor=”” class=”” id=””][fusion_text]In this practice we take complaints very seriously indeed and try to ensure that all patients are pleased with the experience of our service. When patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives.
Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled. We learn from every mistake that we make and we respond to patients’ concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service we provide is: Dr Aneel Jaisinghani
- If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to his or her complaint and offer to refer him or her to Dr Aneel Jaisinghani immediately.If Dr Aneel Jaisinghani is not available at the time, then the patient will be told when he or she will be able to talk to the orthodontist and arrangements will be made for this to happen. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable period or if the patient does not wish to wait to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with it.
- If the patient complains in writing the letter will be passed on immediately to: Dr Aneel Jaisinghani
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the orthodontist, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
- We acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within two working days. We will seek to investigate the complaint within ten working days of the complaint being received to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint. If the patient does not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to him or her on the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing to the patient immediately after completing our investigation.
- Proper and comprehensive reports are kept of any complaint received.
- If patients are not satisfied with the results of our procedure then a complaint may be made to:
Local Area Team, Jubilee House , 5510 John Smith Drive , Oxford Business Park South , Cowley, Oxford , OX4 2LH.
The General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, WIM 8DQ www.gdc-uk.org
Care Quality Commission: www.cqc.org.uk